Who We Are:
The Election Protection Coalition of Arizona is a nonpartisan effort by a group of partner organizations to ensure eligible voters are able to participate in our democracy without threats of intimidation, overly burdensome policies, or long lines. We believe the cornerstones of a vibrant democracy are voting rights and meaningful access to the ballot. We work to tear down barriers to civic participation and to modernize outdated election rules that keep citizens from voting. We rely on volunteers to observe polling places across the state and report any potential voter intimidation, equipment malfunction, or other barriers to voters.
The Election Protection Coalition of Arizona is committed to advancing equity in our democracy by centering the voices of communities of color and other historically disenfranchised Arizonans. Strong applicants will have a demonstrated commitment to equity. The EPC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
Who You Are:
● Previous experience in digital marketing, online organizing, content creation, copy-writing, graphic design, videography or related fields ● Experience working for a coalition of diverse organizations
● Previous experience with political campaigns or field or volunteer organizing
● Technologically savvy and able to learn how to use new databases, online platforms, etc relatively quickly
● Demonstrated passion for progressive politics and social justice
Huge plus, but not required:
● An understanding of the Arizona landscape.
● Bilingual, especially in Spanish or a tribal language.
● Experience working and managing remotely.
● Some experience with graphic design and/or photography
● Knowledge of HTML or CSS and/or specific CMS systems like Every Action and/or website editing platforms like Wordpress or NationBuilder
● Experience shooting and editing short videos
● Experience in A/B testing
We’re looking for a creative and energetic digital organizer who will:
● Supports our Election Protection digital work, including:
○ Checking in regularly with others in the organization (e.g. Executive Director, Election Protection Director, Deputy Director) about upcoming events and campaigns
○ Brainstorm creative ways to use social media and email to engage new audiences, escalate supporters through the ladder of engagement, drive turnout to trainings and other events, and recruit election monitors and poll workers.
○ Support content creation and messaging for Facebook/Twitter and email to ensure that the community hears from us in a way that is consistent, clear, engaging, and compelling
○ Respond to comments and feedback, track results and adjust plans
○ Experiment with and learn to use new digital tools and platforms where appropriate
● Create compelling, engaging content for Facebook/Twitter (based on your skillset, this could include written posts, graphics, blog posts, or short videos, among other things)
● Write email blasts and send them through our NationBuilder CRM system
● Assist with keeping our website up to date
● Increase community awareness of the 1-866-OUR-VOTE hotline through creative digital engagement
● $4,000 per month plus benefits
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, three professional references, and in lieu of a cover letter, please let us know why election protection is important to you. Please put “Digital Organizer” in the subject line.